So you want us to maintain your presence on review sites?
Need help with SEO?
Update your website?
Of course… we can do all that.
But you don’t have any of your account passwords?… Houston, we have a problem.
It is a constant struggle for the modern day marketer. A great portion of our work revolves around the Internet, and what do you need for your Internet platforms? You got it… passwords.
If you are trusting all of your platform account information with a third party, then you are doing it all wrong. “Why?” You might ask. If you need help with your marketing presence, we can’t do anything without it! Other than start over, of course. In that case, you may be losing valuable information, and it may cost you a lot more than you would like. Especially if all you want to do is make simple updates.
Help us help you. Store your passwords and keep them somewhere safe. Security is everything when it comes to your accounts. We put together some tips to better help you get a plan for storing and securing your information.
- Uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters should all be included so it is difficult for an outside party to remember.
- Keep a record of your account information.
- Do not give your account information to anyone, no… not even him/her! (If you have a marketing company who has access, be sure you have the same admin-level access to things in case you change marketing companies. We see this often.)
- Have different passwords for different accounts.
- Make sure your devices are secure.
And if you don’t follow our advice, losing control of your passwords can set you back pretty far. “So what’s the worst thing that could happen?” Well…
- You can lose customers with outdated information.
- You can fall in the ranks with Google, Yelp, and other review sites.
- Your SEO strategy can be compromised.
- Changes at the office? You might have trouble adding new users or deleting old ones.
- Projects, operations, and every other aspect of your company can be delayed.
- It will take time to restore your passwords and updating your online presence , and time means money.
- Your “trusted” outside party may not be so trustworthy in a year or two, so be careful!
For these reasons, we believe that it is essential to practice good password security. Don’t put your company on the frontline. Reevaluate how you handle your online account information and be sure to take password security seriously. Don’t get stuck in a hard place, and let an easily preventable issue set your company back and stop you from growing.
You never know when you are going to want to take a different direction. You need to have your passwords handy so you can configure, maintain, and update your online accounts. It is next to impossible to be productive with our clients when we don’t have access to your platforms. Do us AND yourselves a favor, and keep your passwords secure… Please?