You’ve got a website and are on all the major social media platforms — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. But does it feel like you’re not getting many leads or much customer engagement? Then it may be time for a revamp.
Your website and social media should be working for you. They should be introducing your potential customers to your brand and should generate leads. If you feel like your internet presence may not be the best it can be (or another reason like one of these), take note of these tips for a revamp to get your business back on track.
- Functionality is essential. Navigating your website and social media should be easy to do. If it’s too confusing or time consuming for people to find what they are seeking, they won’t stay. Try going through as if you were a customer, or have a friend take a look. How easy is it to find the contact page? Can you find the social media buttons on the website quickly?
- Keep it polished. You’ll want to maintain the look and feel of your website cohesive. Each page should have the same color scheme and fonts. When using photos, whether on your website or social media, keep them in a similar style. Your consistent brand will remind the customer whose information they are looking at, while at the same time keeping the look professional.
- Have a plan. We covered this in our social media mistakes post, but without a plan, you’re shooting in the dark. Before revamping, sit down and design a strategy for your website and social media accounts. What voice will you have? What type of information will you share, post, and tell your customers? What are your goals?
- Redirects are more important than you think. Even if your current website isn’t running as well as it could be, you should still try to save what is working. Keep URLs that have been bringing in traffic and save established SEO. Ideally, you don’t want to start over completely from scratch.
- Don’t revamp unnecessarily. It can be tempting to jump ship every time things slow down, but there is such thing as too many changes. Only revamp your websites and social media accounts when necessary. Updating some features here and there is okay.
- Leave it to the pros. Yes, it’s possible to design websites and social media accounts on your own, but that may not be getting you the best results for your business, nevermind the fact that it can be a lot to take on yourself. A marketing team like the DofM knows the ins and outs of SEO, knows what graphics work best, and can write the content that your customers will want to read. Besides, that leaves you with more time to do other things, like delivering the best products and services available.
If you think you’re ready for a revamp of your website or social media, contact us to see how we can help.
Tell us: Have you ever done a revamp of your internet presence?