Consumers choose small or local businesses for the personalized experience that they receive compared to larger corporations and chains. While keeping this in mind, remember that word travels fast in communities, so provide a good experience and then let word of mouth do the rest. Here are specific tactics to better your marketing strategy on a local level:
- Advertise all the time. Create an elevator pitch that you are ready to use to engage anyone at any time. As a local business, your potential customers are all around you.
- Think locally. What’s going on in your community? Sponsor an event or get a team of volunteers to represent your business. Be where your customers spend their time.
- Collaborate. Work with other small non-competitive businesses and agree to cross-promote. It could be through fliers, coupons, bundled promotions, etc.
- Network. Personalized experiences are very meaningful, so get out there and shake some hands. Get to know your customers and what they want. Let them associate a face with your business.
- Give a speech. Present useful information to your audience and pose yourself as an expert. This will advertise you and your business and show people you have credible authority in your field.
- Ask for customer referrals. Don’t be shy; attract new customers through current and past customers.
- Build relationships. Remember: retaining a customer is less expensive than attracting new customers. Be personable, keep in touch, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Get online. Advertise your products and services online through social media and a website. Additionally, if you have a physical address, you want to make sure your business is showing up on Google maps, so work with an SEO team if it’s not.
Free trials. If you are introducing a new product or service, more customers are likely to buy it if they can experience it first. This allows them to realize that they need your service. You might also offer a discounted service to the first 10 who use it. Be sure to encourage online reviews afterward.
These tips will help you advertise your business to your local community, but we can increase your brand awareness on a larger scale. Today, customers gather information about you before they reach out, so give the customer attention and advise them in their purchasing decisions. Overall, having a strong online presence while providing personalized experiences will help you market your business successfully. Contact us and let us help you with your marketing strategies.