Lead generation is tough for Raleigh businesses. Finding good leads is even tougher.
Still, that’s no reason to give up and start spamming random Triangle strangers, that guy from the gym, your mom, and your RTP neighbors. Here are five ways to improve your lead generation techniques.
1. Verify your list. That list of lead potentials may have come cheap, but it still won’t be worth the money if every single email address on it turns out to be invalid. For example, our system uses lists that are triple verified to make sure the names are real people that may actually want or use the products or services our clients offer.
2. Spend more time on the email, especially the subject line. A lousy list plus a lousy lead generation copy is going to get you results that are … lousy. According to one study, 69 percent of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line. In addition, 35 percent of email recipients open an email based on the subject line alone.
So with that in mind, craft the email for the audience you’re targeting. What are their needs and wants? How can you solve their problem? Be sure to include that information in the subject line. Keep it short and catchy.
3. Direct the traffic. Create a landing page for this lead generation campaign with a specific call to action so that you get the most out of your push. Be sure the page offers the information necessary to convert questions into sales.
4. Track your results. If you don’t track the result, you don’t know if your lead generation campaign worked. Use a software system to score your visitors (there are some great ones out there). For example:
· Did the lead open the email?
· If so, did they click on the link?
· How long did they stay and what pages did they see?
· Did they come back for a second or third visit?
5. Don’t forget to follow-up. Once you’ve got your leads, be sure to follow-up. Some systems have an automated way to follow-up with those who have clicked the link, which is again, why tracking is so important.