The end of the year can become very hectic due to the holidays, travel, and social gatherings — not to mention budget planning for next year. Many business owners get caught up in their end-of-year management and forget or ignore their marketing efforts.
However, marketing in the fourth quarter is essential to your current and future success. The end of the year is the perfect time to prepare for a more profitable first quarter. Here are five reasons November and December are not too late to start marketing this year:
- Head start – Marketing at the end of the year can pave the way for your marketing plan for the next year and give your company a jump start ahead of your competitors.
- Fresh angle – Your marketing tools can have a holiday theme; it’s OK for most businesses to be more lighthearted this time of year, which might catch someone’s eye. Even if your product or service isn’t something people might give as a gift, you can leverage their attitudes, which are more open to spending right now.
- Special thanks to boost sales – At the end of the year, you can thank your loyal customers for their business. You can do something special by offering discounts or deals. Your customers will feel appreciated and, as you probably know, it’s far cheaper to retain customers than to find new ones. Plus, being kind to your clients/customers is a great way to get referrals.
- Feedback for next year – Use your marketing tools to get feedback from your customers so you can know what to fix for the upcoming year. You can ask about what types of content they would find useful or offer a survey or poll to identify problems in customer service.
- Stay top of mind – Your customers are just as busy as you, and may not be clamoring for your product or service as they plan days off, holiday shop, and organize menus. But it’s good to keep your name in front of them with an email or some other marketing, so they don’t forget about you. Brands must continuously remind customers of their presence — otherwise, why would McDonald’s keep advertising? Think about it.
Whether you continue your marketing efforts or are ready to start something new, you don’t have to wait for January and the new year. Finish the year strong, for a better start to your business. Contact us to find out how you can get started today.